The ScanPro 3500 Digital Microfilm Scanner
High Performance. 26 Megapixel Camera (6.6 MP image sensor x 4) with integrated pixel-shifting technology). Clearest Image in Industry.
Following its predecessor, the ScanPro 3000, The ScanPro 3500's 26 megapixel camera1 is the only camera in the micrographic industry to utilise pixel-shifting technology to provide the best image on the market. With its high performance and 26 megapixel camera1, the ScanPro 3500 captures clean crisp images that make research and looks-up fast and easy. Paired with OCR software using ABBYY® Fine Reader, you have the best image-producing scanner available today.
Key Features of the ScanPro 3500 include:
- 26 megapixel camera: (6.6 image sensor x 4) with integrated pixel-shifting technology, the largest pixels in the industry and over 7 times larger than the nearest competitor
- Automatically scans roll film, fiche and jackets, straighten and crop, file formats include PDF, TIFF, JPEG and unlimited scans up to 20 images per minute (AUTO-Scan)
- Live image editing, select any area (or multiple areas), adjust brightness, contrast, redact or whiteout for any selection with a single click (SPOT-Edit)
- Automatically adjusts brightness, contrast, straightens an crops with a single click (AUTO-Adjust)
- Continual image focus even during optional zoom (FOCUS-Lock)
- Print, scan and save to multiple file formats
High ResolutionThe ScanPro 3500 microfilm scanner features a True 26 megapixel camera*, nearly twice the optical resolution of any microfilm scanner. The ScanPro 3500's camera uses proprietary technology developed by e-ImageData to capture 26 Megapixels* of optical image information using a conventional sensor. This provides customers with exceptional image quality never before seen in the micrographics industry, and all at an affordable price. The optical resolution is over 500dpi on a letter page and saved files are both archival-quality and small in size.
(*6.6 MP image sensor x 4 with integrated pixel-shifting technology)
Powerful SoftwareThe ScanPro 3500 features a customisable interface that keeps the tool bar simple. Just load your film, click the Film Selection Wizard to automatically set up your scanner, and voilà — your scanner is set up with only the tool bar controls needed for that particular film. The interactive on-screen help menu is always available at your fingertips for questions or more information about how to use any button control. Use the spot-edit feature for live image editing of selected text and pictures while all other areas remain unchanged. In addition, the AUTO-Adjust tool automatically straightens the on-screen image and properly adjusts brightness and contrast, making your image clear and easier to work with. Some patrons have referred to this as the “magic button” but we assure you, no magic is required.
True Optical ZoomOptical zoom magnification -The ScanPro microfilm scanners have the highest optical zoom magnification range of any microfilm scanner on the market at 5x to 105x. What to look for: There are two methods of zooming, optical and digital. Optical zoom enlarges the document image without sacrificing resolution. Digital zoom (also called just “magnification”) enlarges the document image using software resulting in a significant loss in resolution and image clarity. Why optical zoom magnification is important. 1. Optical zoom makes it possible to work seamlessly with many different film types and many different film image sizes, completing look-ups and doing research easily and quickly. 2. Optical zoom makes it possible to magnify and inspect small detail on the film without loss of resolution and image clarity. 3. The greater the optical zoom range the greater the versatility of the microfilm scanner
Advantage MembershipThe new ScanPro® Advantage membership is included with the ScanPro All-In-One. The membership now includes not only the AUTO-Carrier software license but advanced software like AUTO-Scan® Pro that scans up to 100 images per minute, the ability to auto-adjust each scan for proper brightness.
PowerScan Productivity Suite (OCR software) that provides the ability to save scans in many file formats and OCR while scanning and linking directly to a database for information look-ups. Being a member will also grant you full access to new features and performance enhancements as they become available – making your ScanPro the only scanner you will ever have to buy.
The ScanPro Difference
Why choose a ScanPro 3500? There are many exceptional things we do that set us apart from our competition and make the ScanPro microfilm scanner the product of choice worldwide. Our mission is to provide the best microfilm equipment on the market and it is our commitment to continually bring the most innovative, state-of-the-art technology to our customers. Here are some of the exclusive highlights of the ScanPro 3500 that no one else in the industry can deliver.
- The industry highest performance 26 megapixel pixel-shifting camera1 providing the clearest image for microfilm use.
- "SPOT-Edit™"- Select areas on the screen image then adjust brightness & contrast for improved readability without affecting non-selected areas, patrons call this the "must have" feature.
- 5x-105x wide range optical zoom to cover all film magnifications and to read the smallest text and examine fine details
- Continual image focus- the microfilm image is always in focus without operator intervention.
- "AUTO-Adjust" - Automatically adjusts the image on the view screen for best brightness & contrast, straightens the image, and places a crop box around the image ready for scanning or printing, patrons call this the "magic button".
- Integrated OCR using the top rated ABBYY fine reader OCR engine for creating word-searchable documents and providing powerful, easy-to-use research tools.
- The ScanPro 3500 All-In-One microfilm scanner version is an on-demand desktop reader/scanner/printer and a desktop conversion scanner for all film types (16mm open spool & cartridge, 35mm, fiche, ultra-fiche, micro opaques, aperture cards), and at affordable pricing. Only the ScanPro All-In-One microfilm scanners provide these capabilities.
Fully upgradeable to the next model
All ScanPro microfilm scanner USB 3.0 models can be upgraded to the next "higher" model. This means that you don't have to buy another microfilm scanner to get the latest technology, just upgrade the ScanPro that you already own. No other manufacturer provides this capability.
Compatible with the AUTO-Carrier™
Any current ScanPro model can ship from the factory with an AUTO-Carrier for scanning fiche and roll film (requires a roll carrier). And, if you add the optional AUTO-Scan Pro, you can scan at over 100 images per minute. The ScanPro is the only desktop microfilm scanner on the market that can provide both on-demand scanning and conversion scanning of roll film and fiche. Also, any ScanPro microfilm scanner models built after 2008 can be upgraded to add an AUTO-Carrier for scanning fiche and roll film (requires a roll film carrier when scanning microfilm).
26 megapixel camera, highest in the industry
The ScanPro 3500 high-performance, 26 Megapixel, pixel-shifting camera produces the clearest image in the microfilm industry. Pixel-shifting is a state-of-the-art technology being used by some of the best known and respected manufactures in the camera industry. Companies like Canon, Nikon, Sony, Olympus, Panasonic, Leica, Zeiss, Pentax, Lumix, and many others are successfully using this technology. Although e-ImageData is not the first manufacturer to use pixel-shifting, we are the first and the only manufacturer in the micrographics industry to use this advanced technology to capture higher megapixel images. E-ImageData starts with the largest image sensor in the industry with the largest pixel size in the industry and using pixel shifting technology, captures and integrate 4 unique optical images into a single 26 megapixel camera image, providing the clearest microfilm images in the industryFor more information on the MegaPixel Paradox (when more pixels don’t improve performance), click here.
1 - The ScanPro 3500 high-performance, 26 Megapixel, pixel-shifting camera produces the clearest image in the microfilm industry. Pixel-shifting is a state-of-the-art technology being used by some of the best known and respected manufactures in the camera industry. Companies like Canon, Nikon, Sony, Olympus, Panasonic, Leica, Zeiss, Pentax, Lumix, and many others are successfully using this technology. Although e-ImageData is not the first manufacturer to use pixel-shifting, we are the first and the only manufacturer in the micrographics industry to use this advanced technology to capture higher megapixel images. E-ImageData starts with the largest image sensor in the industry with the largest pixel size in the industry and using pixel shifting technology, captures and integrate 4 unique optical images into a single 26 megapixel camera image, providing the clearest microfilm images in the industry
Standard Software Features
- straighten and crop
- File formats: PDF, TIFF, JPEG and more
- Unlimited scans, up to 20 IPM roll film and fiche, and jackets
Features added by ScanPro Advantage Membership
- Auto-brightness, straighten, crop, and duplex film
- File formats: PDF, TIFF, JPEG and more, single and multi-page, with and without OCR (OCR using ABBYY FineReader Engine)
- Unlimited scans, up to 100 IPM roll film and fiche, and up to 70 IPM jackets
*Requires Roll Film carrier
^Requires Auto Carrier
Sensor26 MP (6.6 MP image sensor x 4) with integrated pixel-shifting technology, largest pixels in the industry, over 7 times larger than the nearest competitor
Optical Zoom5x - 105x
Digital Zoom5x to 1575x
Supported File FormatsTIFF, JPEG, PDF
Drivers / SoftwarePowerscan Software
Standard ConfigurationMicrofiche / Aperture Cards Only
Standard + UCC510+ Motorised 16/35mm Roll Film
Standard + UCC610+ Motorised 3M Cartridge, 16/35mm Roll Film
All-In-One+ UCC510 / 610 + Auto Carrier
Optional HardwareAuto-Carrier (Automatic Microfiche Scanning) - *More Info*
Optional SoftwareAdvantage Membership Package
Dimensions19cm x 32cm x 42 cm (H x W x L)
Operating SystemsVersions, 32 and 64 bit:
Win 7 to Win 10; Editions: Enterprise, Professional, Home
Computer InterfaceUSB 3
Power and Weight100-240VAC 50/60Hz, 14.5kg
Film PathStraight film path (film not pulled across glass edges) and low inertia 12 ball bearing design protects film
Energy EfficiencyENERGY STAR® Certified
Product SafetyOSHA workplace safety certified to US/CA standards
Standard Warranty1 Year